12 August, 2009

In the Library, Surrounded with Books

I just returned from working in the library. I absolutely love libraries--I always have. Some of my earliest memories include looking through picture books at the library in San Diego. And now I get paid to surround myself with books! As I said, I love libraries...so many books, all around, each with a new and unique story somewhere within the book's printed pages. Books really are powerful tools. People use them to have fun, to sway others, to learn, and much more. Someday I hope to walk into a library and see my name on the spine of a book--or perhaps several books. Wouldn't that feel wonderful?

But even without my name on a shelf, I enjoy spending time in libraries, especially my library. I feel like I know every corner of it, and almost like I'm friends with many of the books. And I need to read more! It's so much fun to hear the kids say "Hi Miss Librarian!" and ask me about new books. I hope that I don't have to quit working there, once school picks up pace. Without a doubt I'd miss my little library. I've practically grown up in the place--I even remember when we got our first two shelves!

Anyway, I'm off to either read or write, two tasks well fitted for a librarian, no?
~The Librarian

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Ode to Times Roman 12, by Katherine Sue Burgess" - it has a nice ring to it... I promise to but a copy!! :D