27 August, 2009

Around the Corner Lurks....

NaNoWriMo!!!! Yes, friends, National Novel Writing Month is a mere two months and four days away! I need a plot...I need a plan... and I don't have one! But I am getting excited.
This year I want to... not get burned out by the end and avoid writing large pieces of fiction for the next year (silly last year, wasted...)
and... to write 75,000 words instead of 50,000. I know it's possible! And I'm definitely going to try.
Now, I'm off to do some plot-hunting. So many options... The next portion of my fantasy novel? A complete reworking of the first part (bending NaNo rules, but so what)? A new plot in a new genre (Southern Gothic, anyone?)? So many choices...so little time! What to write...what to write...

~Katherine

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY FOR NANO-ITES (is that the right term? LOL)
IT IS GOING TO BE THE CRAZIEST AND FUNNEST MONTH EVER. Hmm the more grammatical part of my brain is telling me that 'funnest' is not a word. Well, I'm pretty sure the NaNoJuPe (NaNo Judge People LOL) won't care.

Isaac, the masterofweirdness said...

funnest is a word. :p

It seems like last years NaWriMo just ended... wow. And I didn't even do that darn thing. :D

Manwathiel said...

There's always this year, Isaac!


YES, Abby. It will be the CRAZIEST and FUNNEST month. Ever.